I know it’s been a while since I last posted, but I’ve been extremely lucky in the last month and have been skiing twice (once was officially working, but still fun). There has been a lot of this:
Unfortunately both trips to the Alps resulted in a nasty cold, one of which haunted me over Christmas, the other is still haunting me now. Some of you might think this serves me right, galavanting about in the snow.. I secretly agree with you.
With one thing and another, it has been a bit of a slow start to 2013. Creatively, it’s been an incredibly slow start to the year. So, to kickstart 2013, I thought I’d come up with 13 Aims for 2013. Here they are:
1) Learn to more confidently use the manual settings on my SLR.
2) Join an art class.
3) Finish draft 2 of my 2011 NaNoWriMo novel.
4) Write draft 2 of my 2012 NaNoWriMo novel.
5) Plan and write a novel for NaNoWriMo 2013.
6) Get back in the habit of writing everyday – join in with ROW 80 for inspiration.
7) Join a Yoga or Pilates class.
8) Travel to a country I’ve never been to before.
9) Volunteer for charity work.
10) Eat more healthily but learn to cook more exotically.
11) Try something completely new.
12) Read read read.
13) Have more fun.
At the end of 2013, I’ll come back and let you know how I’ve done on each. Now, what are your aims for 2013? If you have your own blog, why don’t you join in and post up your own aims (remember to come back and post the link!). If you don’t have your own blog, why not post in my comments and let me know what you’ll be aiming for this year?